Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family


Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family by Scott Snyder

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Maybe I am biased from reading the Batgirl piece of this story arc first but I found this book to be very disappointing. The art was adequate but to me unattractive and the story, while adding key elements to the story arc, left me thinking meh.

Perhaps the saddest thing was that a Harley Quinn appearance was wasted. Like me, she seemed to feel that this New 52 Joker was just not the same Joker we knew and she loved. I am not certain that I understand where DC is going with this. You interrupt years of continuity to make the characters more approachable for new readers and then you launch a Dexter-like story line that borders on being inappropriate for young readers.



View all my reviews

No comments: