Monday, April 14, 2008

Back from Computers in Libraries 2008

I am back from Computers in Libraries 2008 and I must say we (my wife and I) had a wonderful time. The conference was fantastic and much bigger than I had imagined. The only disappointment was that I had intended to blog about my sessions each evening after we returned to the hotel but the hotel wireless failed me. Therefore I intend to post some info on my experiences over the next week or so. My postings will cover some general aspects of the conference as well as the sessions I attended. Future posts should be as follows:

  • Riding the Rails - Amtrak to DC and Back
  • The Best Western Pentagon Experience
  • Dine Arounds - Making a Big Conference Less Impersonal
  • The Exhibitor's Hall
  • Web 2.0 Services for Smaller, Underfunded Libraries
  • Fast & Easy Site Tune-Ups
  • Library Web Presence: Engaging the Audience
  • Widgets, Tools, & Doodads for Library Webmasters
  • What Do Users Really Do in Their Native Habitat?
  • Mashups for the Nontechies
  • Libraries A-Twitter & Using del.icio.us
  • Facebook Apps & Libraries Friendly Future
  • Harnessing New Data Visualization Tools
  • 2.0 Pecha Kucha - Conversation Face-Off!
  • Speed Searching: Tips & Tricks for Speeding Up the Search Process
  • One Click Ahead: Best of Research Shelf
  • Elearning: IL Instruction & Out-of-the-Box Software
  • What's Hot in RSS & Social Software
  • Talking 2.0 to the Faculty
  • Post Conference: Integrating RSS into Your Website

No comments: